(FYI: Curious is my little smiley faced guide)
I hope we all have a LinkedIn account; it really is a great way to connect with your professional peers. Nope, we do not get paid to say that! I truly believe in social networking for business.
If you do not have an account, check out: (http://www.linkedin.com/)
“LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site.” (internet)
What I wanted to chat about today was linking your WordPress blog to your LinkedIn account. My aim in this thread is to explain what I am learning and relay this information as I go along. (Whooping in my head right now)
So, I was relaxing over my lunch break creating connections on my LinkedIn and there it was a button called Add an Application, it was glowing, if you will (not literally, please do not look for a glowing button). There was the icon WordPress, still getting that neophyte buzz!
So all being well and you already have a LinkedIn account that you are pretty happy with, follow the guidance’s bellow.
- Sign into your LinkedIn account
- Click onto your profile tab, top of page
- On your profile page scroll down and find the applications button/bar
- Click the + Add Application button (it’s little and blue, look for Curious on the image bellow)
- There will be a number of Applications you can choose from, in this case click on the WordPress Icon (you may have to scroll around a bit)
- Duh Da; WordPress page then click the Add Application button, on the bottom right. (Image Bellow)
- You will enter a screen and be asked to enter your blog URL. A URL is the address of your blog e.g. http://wandcreativemedia.net/blog/. (I would have entered this address) Just go to your WordPress blog page and copy and paste into the bar.
- As well, make sure you have clicked the recent posts from your blog button bellow the URL bar but this is normally already done for you.
- Click save
- Click back onto profile
- Scroll down and there you should have your WordPress blog
Okay all done, I hope this has worked for you.